Monday, December 27, 2010

Waiting...and Waiting

Christmas came and went. And (estimated) 8-pound Oliver is still in my belly. I don't know why my body won't just start labor already, but I'm getting so frustrated! I can hardly move, I can't sleep, and I can barely breathe a lot of the time because I have a huge bowling ball shoved up against my lungs! Two weeks ago I was thinking they might induce me for high blood pressure. I thought for sure I'd have him by now. I'm officially 39 weeks. It feels like all I do is complain these days.

But, you know what? I know when I meet my snuggly, warm baby boy that I will forget every single bit of discomfort and unhappiness I've felt throughout this pregnancy. I know that when I hold him in my arms there won't be even a tiny bit of regret. I can't wait to meet this little guy. Everything I'm going through right now is worth it because, at the end of it, I will have the most precious gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment